Southampton voted 'best cruise departure port.'
Cruise Critic, the online ultimate cruise guide have announced their awards for 2016 covering virtually everything in the cruise ship industry, and it turns out that Southampton has been voted ‘Best Cruise Departure Port.’
The UK Cruisers' Choice Awards for river and ocean cruises have been chosen by actual cruisers, users and holiday makers and they have decided that Southampton is by far the best embarkation port in the industry for large ships.
Cruise goers have obviously been impressed with the easy process of boarding at the terminals in Southampton with special mention for Royal Caribbean’s, Explorer of the Seas. Royal Caribbean are on a role this year as they also received the ‘best entertainment’ and ‘best for families’ awards.
2016 Cruise Critic UK editors’ picks awards
The awards for ocean going cruise ships were awarded as follows:
- Best UK Cruise Departure Port: Southampton Port
- Best UK Port of Call: Liverpool Port
- Best New Ship: TUI Discovery
- Best Refurbishment: Cunard QM2
- Best Dining: P&O Cruises
- Best Entertainment: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Cabins: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Suites: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Itineraries: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Best Shore Excursions: Celebrity Cruises
- Best for Adventure: Hurtigruten
- Best for Romance: Princess Cruises
- Best for Families: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Value: Celestial Cruises
- Best for Nightlife: Norwegian Cruise Line
At ParknCruise we are obviously delighted that Southampton has won this award, but are interested in how the ‘Best for Romance Award’ was picked. We would love to know what Princess Cruises’ recipe for success is.
Have you seen our Top 10 Cruise Ship Movies?